Sunday, July 20, 2014

Three Tech Sites!

There are days when technology in my class runs seamlessly...there are days in my class where technology is a nightmare! Despite our love/hate relationship, I do have some tech sites that I love. To start off I will share three that I have been using for the past year or so. 


I was slightly afraid to switch to a digital planbook. There is something I love about writing my plans down in a planbook, but once I made the switch I was happy I did! The amount of time I save being able to type in my plans is amazing! I can add links to websites, files I use, cut and paste from previous/future lessons, print out plans for a sub. I still write some things down in a notebook, but planbook.com is quite lovely and they got a nice little update for this school year. You can try it for free for a month as well! 

 look at that beautiful color scheme I got going on...






This website is always up on my computer for when my little ones need a mini or major brain break. This website is FREE, it is fabulous, and my class loved it! You can select a monster/character that you're going to work with and you earn minutes while doing brain breaks. They have all kinds of silly, fun things that kids love at all different ranges of time (30 seconds-minutes) and it is a perfect way to help them get a little energy out. If you haven't used this website, you should def check it out.





Last, but not least is Class Dojo. This one has been around a few years and I love using it with my class. I feel it is a great visual reinforcement for the little ones and I love that I can give them positive reinforcement points. The kids love their own individual monster and they love earning a small prize once they have enough DOJO Points. Another thing I love is that I can have the app on my iPad and iPhone so no matter where we are I can be adding (or taking) points. There is also a way to share with parents, but I haven't tested that one out quite yet. Give it a try and see if you like it! 





XO Niki


No comments:

Post a Comment