Sunday, July 27, 2014

Standards Based Grading for Primary

My school recently made the transition to standards based grading. Last year as my teammate and I were working through the process together, we found it difficult to find resources for primary. Our district provided us with some rubrics, but they weren't exactly what we were looking for or primary friendly. We created our own rubric with some kid friendly language and used it all last year. The ice cream visual seemed to really help my students know the difference between a 1,2,3,and 4. They would get really excited about their work and had more buy in, which was AMAZING. This little poster/rubric is in my store for $1.00! Click here to get it. It has one rubric with a colored background to use as a poster and one that can be used to write on and give feedback. Give it a try and let me know how it works in your classroom this year. XO





No comments:

Post a Comment